These classes start right in the beginning and are the exact first steps I believe anyone, as a beginner learner, should take.
The first class will show you:
Exactly how to accurately read, write, and say the basic Korean alphabet. This is not difficult to do, and is an incredibly important first step. Follow my recommended steps, and you will be able to read before the day is out.
The second will will cover:
All the rest of the things you'll need to know in order to be able to read literally everything you'll ever come across in the language, including vowel combinations, sounds of consontants in the final position of a block (syllable), and the sounds of double consonants
The third class then gets into:
The basic Korean sentence and is our first class where we focus on how to SPEAK Korean. Over 45 minutes worth of videos that'll have you asking and answering a very basic, but useful question that you can use anywhere to continue building your Korean (and one you'll hear A LOT in all aspects and situations of the language!).
Each class will contain:
- a review/oral test of the previous class (except for the first class, 'cause there's nothing to review!)
- the target vocabulary for the day
- a reading of the lesson, to work on our pronunciation of the alphabet we just learned, and to introduce examples of the concepts we are going to focus on for the class
- explanations IN PLAIN, EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND English of the breakdown of the basic Korean sentence, and other structures that we come across and focus on
- A Q&A session where the students practice what we covered in the class